Mark Zarbo Hockey will again be hosting its 3 on 3 summer cross-ice league. This league is for any AAA/AA travel player. Divisions include Midget (2001-2004), Bantam (2005-2006), Pewee (2007-2008), Squirt (2009-2010) and new Mite Division (2011, 2012, 2013).
Being a cross-ice league is meant to increase intensity, puck touches, situational repetition and keep all players part of the play their whole shift. Players will be encouraged to be creative and experiment in games. All divisions are non-checking.
Players sign up as an individual and are placed on a team. Teams will consist of 9 players and 1 goalie each. Each team will have a designated coach to encourage player creativity and experimenting with skills during the games and ensure equal shift rotation. Coaches will be correcting player mistakes after each shift with a specific focus on puck support/control, creativity/deception skills and the ability to quickly move from offense to defensive positions.
Teams will play 2 games per ice time (14 game regular season followed by a semi-final and final for 16 games total). Each game will be 32 minutes in length with shifts being timed to 1:00 and players changing on horn to keep play intensity high and equalize shift time.
The last scheduled ice time will be the semi-finals and finals. All league rules are listed below. Players sign up for league as individuals and will be placed on a team. If there are players who would like to be on the same team please state request when signing up. All requests will be taken into account but cannot be guaranteed to ensure all teams are equal caliber.
GOALIES! Last season goalies averaged over 30 shots per game. That is 60 shots every ice time (teams play 2 games per ice time). Being 3 on 3 cross-ice many of these shots are scoring area chances, net drives, breakaway, 2 on 1 chances etc. If you are looking for a fun, challenging league with lots of shots and situational repetition for your goalie, then 3 on 3 cross-ice is the best league for that.
Also new for the 2019 Summer Season goalies will have real/full crease to help further their development.
NEW! No mid afternoon game start times this season. Games will have the earliest start time of 8:00am and latest start time of 11:45am. See the full schedule of dates listed below. Exact game times TBA once sign up complete.
USA HOCKEY VIDEO ON CROSS ICE GAME ANALYTICS
- 4 teams per age group, max 9 players per team and 1 goalie
- All players receive a Jersey
- Only team stats (W, L, +/-, GF, GA) will be tracked to encourage team play and competitiveness. Individual player stats will not be tracked.
- Each ice time will consist of 10 minute skill warmup ran by coaches followed by 2 games.
- Each game is 32:00 minutes long; 2 Games per ice time.
- Horn will sound every 1:00 to ensure high intensity shifts and equal play time for all players.
- Only faceoff is opening faceoff. On goals or saves, the team scored on takes the puck out, scoring team has to retreat to their half of the zone.
- All penalties are penalty shots. The ref will track penalties throughout the game and all penalty shots will be taken at the games end only if it will affect the score of the game. This is so players do not lose play/shift time.
- Any goal scored because of the direct result of a penalty during play will not be counted.
- Body checking is not allowed.
- Fighting will lead to an automatic league ejection. Major penalties of any kind may result in a league expulsion. No refunds will be issued.
- If a game is tied at the end of 32 minutes, each team selects one player for a 1 on 1 shootout sudden death until one team wins. Sudden death shootout will take place after all penalty shots are taken and if score is still tied.
- Tie breaker for playoffs seeding is Wins, +/-, GF, GA
$220 (8 ice times–12 hours ice–$18/hour ice)
$185 is discounted rate for players signed up for Hockey IQ, Mite Development or Midget Programs ($15/hour ice)
$185 (8 ice times–12 hours ice–$15/hour ice)
$150 is discounted rate for goalies signed up for any Bob Janosz Week Long Camp ($12.5/hour ice)
$120 is discounted rate for goalies signed up for Bob Janosz Week Long Camp and Mark Zarbo Hockey IQ, Mite or Midget Programs ($10/hour ice)
*To sign up for Bob Janosz Week Long Programs and/or Mark Zarbo Hockey IQ, Mite or Midget Programs as a goalie please visit www.BobJanosz.com
2012, 2011, 2013
2001, 2002, 2003, 2004
|Saturday May 4||Times TBA||Times TBA||Times TBA||Times TBA||Times TBA||Holiday Twin Rinks|
|Saturday May 11||Times TBA||Times TBA||Times TBA||Times TBA||Times TBA||Holiday Twin Rinks|
|Saturday June 1||Times TBA||Times TBA||Times TBA||Times TBA||Times TBA||Holiday Twin Rinks|
|Saturday June 15||Times TBA||Times TBA||Times TBA||Times TBA||Times TBA||Holiday Twin Rinks|
|Saturday June 29||Times TBA||Times TBA||Times TBA||Times TBA||Times TBA||Holiday Twin Rinks|
|Saturday July 13||Times TBA||Times TBA||Times TBA||Times TBA||Times TBA||Holiday Twin Rinks|
|Saturday July 27||Times TBA||Times TBA||Times TBA||Times TBA||Times TBA||Holiday Twin Rinks|
|Saturday Aug 3|
|Times TBA||Times TBA||Times TBA||Times TBA||Times TBA||Holiday Twin Rinks|
New Sign Up Form Below for Spring/Summer Programs!
For your convenience we have added all of our Spring & Summer Programs to one sign up form. You can now view and sign up for any program through the one form. If signing up multiple players please fill out separate forms for each player.
You know your form went through if you are redirected to a page stating your submission has been sent. You will then be redirected to sign a liability waiver form. You should also receive an email copy of your submission sent in. Please note filling out a the submission form does not guarantee players a spot in camp(s). You should receive a personal email confirmation within 24-48hours confirming that submission was received and whether spots are still available for your requests.